How Water Damage Can Affect Your Smartphone

Whether you're swimming, washing dishes, or just using your phone in the rain, water can damage your smartphone. That's why it's important to know how to avoid it.

The first step is to turn off your phone immediately after it gets wet. Never try to power it back on; doing so can fry its internal circuits. Better bring it to the nearest cellphone repair shop, if your from Chicago, IL their experienced technicians are available for same-day repairs, so you can get back to using your phone ASAP. They pride their selves on their awesome repair skills and great customer service. All of their repairs come with a satisfaction guarantee, and they also offer warranties for parts and labor. Schedule an Appointment with them today and let them take care of your cell phone repair needs in Chicago!

Water Damage

A lot of people are surprised to learn that their smartphone’s waterproof feature only extends so far. That’s because electronics and water don’t mix very well. In fact, if your phone gets even a drop of moisture in it, you’re going to experience a variety of problems, from lag to complete shutdowns. Fortunately, there are some things you can do to fix this issue.

First and foremost, you need to act fast. This means taking your phone out of the water as soon as possible. The longer it stays submerged, the more damage it will sustain. Additionally, you should never try to power it on at this point. This will only cause more moisture to enter the internal components, further damaging your device.

You should also make sure that you detach any accessories such as the SIM card, SD card, and battery. This will allow you to dry out these components separately and more effectively. Additionally, you should avoid using a blow dryer, as this can push the water into deeper areas of your device.

Instead, you should blot your phone with a cloth or paper towel to remove as much water as possible. Then, you should use a compressed air canister to blow out any remaining water inside of your phone. Avoid using a hot blow dryer, as this can ruin any rubber seals and cause even more damage.

You can also place your phone in a desiccant bag, which will help to soak up any excess water. This method is better than putting your phone in a bowl of rice, as rice will just absorb the moisture and then spread it around the rest of your device.

The most important thing to remember is that your phone’s warranty won’t cover any damages caused by water. This is why you should invest in a device protection plan from a company such as Asurion or other insurance providers. If you have this type of protection, you’ll be able to receive professional repairs if your device suffers from any form of liquid damage.

Battery Damage

If your phone has come into contact with water, there’s a good chance it can still be saved. However, it’s essential that you take immediate action to protect your phone from further damage. The first thing you need to do is shut off your phone and remove it from the liquid. The longer your phone stays wet the more potential for corrosion and other problems.

Once you’ve turned off your phone and removed it from the liquid, it’s important to start drying out any remaining moisture. This can be done by placing the device in front of a fan blowing cool air. You can also use a can of compressed air with a low psi setting to blow out the water from any cracks or crevices on your phone and around the ports. Be sure not to use a blow dryer with heat, as this could damage the rubber seals and internal components of your device.

The next step is to check the battery for signs of water damage. If the battery is damaged, it will not hold a charge and may begin to swell up or leak. This is a serious problem and should not be ignored.

One of the most common signs that a battery is damaged is when it loses a significant amount of charge right away. It’s normal for phones to lose a few percentage points of charge immediately after being unplugged, but if your phone drops to 90% or 80%, it’s time to replace the battery.

Another sign of a damaged battery is when the phone starts overheating. This can happen due to the fact that the battery is not able to regulate its temperature as well as it should. It can also occur due to the fact that the battery is unable to supply as much power to the components of the phone.

It’s important to note that most smartphone warranties do not cover liquid damage, so you will be responsible for the cost of any repairs if your device has been damaged by water or another type of liquid. This is why it’s a great idea to get a plan that covers accidental damage through Asurion or another device protection provider.

Corrosion Damage

When water gets inside of your phone, it can quickly corrode circuits and other internal parts. This can cause the phone to stop working properly, resulting in problems such as a blank screen, an inability to charge, or even a loss of data. Corrosion damage can also lead to a faulty battery that can short-circuit and burn out. This is why it’s important to turn off your phone as soon as possible after getting it wet.

Most people don’t realize they have a damaged phone until days or even weeks later when it suddenly stops working. This is because the damage from water often doesn’t show up right away. The corrosion eats away at the components over time until they start to fail completely or just won’t work anymore.

If you’re concerned about your water-damaged phone, you can try to dry it out yourself by using a cotton swab and either isopropyl alcohol, baking soda and water, or a cleaning solution that works with your device. Be sure to wipe all the affected areas of your phone and check for a liquid contact indicator, or LCI. This is usually located in the headphone jack, SIM card slot, or charging port on older Phones. The LCI will be red if the phone has been exposed to water.

You can also try to tilt the phone or place it in a bag of rice to see if this will help. But be warned, this method doesn’t always work and could actually make the problem worse by allowing more water to spill over other internal components. A better option is to use a commercial desiccant to dry your phone out. You can usually find these little packets of desiccant with other items in your mail, including vitamins and electronics.

Smartphones are essential tools in many of our professional and personal lives. But they’re also fragile and are prone to damage from liquids and extreme heat. The best way to avoid this type of damage is to keep your phone out of the sun and on a cool surface, and don’t leave it in a hot car or parked in direct sunlight for long periods of time.

Electrical Damage

A puddle of water or even a single drop of liquid can ruin a phone. This is because electrical current can travel through the water and damage internal components such as the motherboard. The result can be a phone that won't power on or one that has serious corrosion of its metal parts. In some cases, the metal may corrode so much that it no longer holds its shape. The corrosion can lead to short circuits, which can be deadly for the user and cause a sudden death from electric shock.

Unlike other types of electronics, smartphones have sensitive metal components that can easily be damaged by water or even condensation. When a phone is exposed to moisture or liquid, metals such as the copper and aluminum begin to oxidize. This process is known as electrochemical corrosion, and it can be extremely destructive to electronic components. When metals oxidize, they lose their electrical conductivity and can no longer perform their normal functions.

In some cases, this can result in the motherboard failing to turn on or stop functioning properly. The motherboard is responsible for controlling many of the phone's important features, such as memory storage and processing power. When the motherboard fails, the rest of the device stops working.

If you've dropped your phone in a body of water, the first thing to do is remove it from the liquid and dry it out as quickly as possible. If you have access to commercial desiccants, such as the small packets of silica gel that are often included with new shoes and bags, save them. They can be used to help dry out your phone and its ports.

After you've removed the phone from liquid, use a cotton bud to clean away any remaining moisture or debris. Be sure to clean all of its ports, especially the charging port and headphone jacks. Make sure to follow manufacturer instructions for cleaning your phone, and don't try to charge it until you're certain that it is completely dry. Trying to charge a wet phone can lead to further damage that could render it unusable.

Whether you're swimming, washing dishes, or just using your phone in the rain, water can damage your smartphone. That's why it's important to know how to avoid it. The first step is to turn off your phone immediately after it gets wet. Never try to power it back on; doing so can fry its internal…